Pages

Sunday 1 July 2012

Rimmel - Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick

So, firstly, how Rimmel describes Kate's lipstick collection:

"With a selection of fashion-forward shades to choose from in a signature pack. The Lipstick Collection is a true chic treat, a must have for every Rimmel London Lover.
With a breakthrough formula featuring the black diamond pigment complex, the lipstick reflects like never before creating gorgeous tones that make you look, and then look again. Kate’s collection captures the flair, edge and timelessness of her unique look. With 7 shades get ready to fall in love with your favourite!"



I absolutely love this lipstick - and this is coming from a person who doesn't wear lipstick very often as they really dry my lip out not matter which ones I use....including the so called 'balm' ones!  First of all, I wear Too Faced lip insurance under this as with all lipsticks I wear, but this Kate Lasting Finish one is definately the longest lasting one I've used.  Don't get me wrong, re-application is required throughout the day but only touch ups and not full blown re-application.  They are very pigmented and I think it is this that helps the longevity of the lipstick as well.  Just to give a rough estimate, these lasted a good 5-ish hours before a good touch up was needed, but I guess it depends on whether you use a lip primer and how much you eat and drink! - And yes, they do transfer, but I find that even after a few transfers i.e. onto a cup, glass etc. the colour intensity is still there!

I have this in 001 which is a true red colour and amazing for nights and even day (if you dare) wear.  I also have this in 004 which is a deep purple colour which looks amazing when I go for my moody dark makeup look.  But bare in mind, I'm basing the 'long lasting' effect on two deep colours and the lighter shades may not last as long as you'd like....I'm thinking of getting some lighter pinky & nude shades from this range so I'll update this post when & if I have to!


The left is 004 & right is 001.....photo does not do them justice!




There are about 16 shades and costs 5.49GBP and for your information, I'm thinking of getting 016 which is a light pink shade and 026 which is a nude-ish shade next!  Maybe I'll wait for the 3 for 2 offers that come round pretty frequently in either Boots or Superdrugs!

Where you can buy:

Boots:

Superdrugs:

No comments:

Post a Comment