Pages

Friday 10 August 2012

Review: Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream

I've always been very skeptical about 'western brand' BB creams as all the ones I've tried have been very disappointing.....still, it hasn't stopped me from carrying on and trying more out!  Next to catch my eye was the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream.  It has been out in the UK for quite a long time now and after um-ing and ahh-ing, I decided to just get it.

"Your 8-in-1 Skin Perfector: Imperfections look blurred, a natural looking glow, fresh feel, compliments skin tone, skin looks smooth, hydrates, protects, oil-free"

In the UK, it comes in four shades: Universal, Light, Medium and Dark.  At the moment, I'm between NC25-NC30 - leaning more towards NC30, and decided to buy the Light shade as for some reason, medium just didn't sit right with me when trying out on my hand in-store.  I'm glad I bought the light shade as it's perfect for me.

It comes out looking a bit pale, however, once applied to the skin, it blends in really well with no grey cast at all.  It also oxidises a bit quite quickly which brought it to my perfect shade, so I didn't have to leave the house looking pale!  As the photo shown below, smoothes and blends out really well.


I have combination/oily skin that leans on the oilier side in the summer, and found that this BB cream works well for my skin.  It didn't totally control my oils, however, even after a full day of wear, I hardly needed to touch nor blot away my oils excessively.  So this is definately one BB cream that is suitable for those with oilier skin. 

The coverage is light as is with most 'western brand' BB creams and I'd say it's possible to build slightly to light-medium coverage, however, even without building up, it does a good job blurring out blemishes, then only a light brush of concealer will be needed for darker blemishes.  It hasn't clogged up my pores nor caused any breakouts which is great as most things causes my blemish prone skin to break out!

The formula feels really light and refreshing thanks to its oil-free, water-based gel formula, so definately a great summer BB cream.  Because of the light consistancy, there is no caking, nor does it sit in my fine lines when used under the eye.  And to top it off, it has an SPF 30, which isn't as high as some of the 'eastern brand' BB creams but definately one of the higher ones compared to other 'western brand' BB creams.

So out of all the 'western brand' BB creams I've tried (including Clinique, Dior, MAC, Garnier, collection 2000 etc etc etc), this is top of the list at the moment, however, next up is the L'oreal Nude Magique BB cream, which again, I've been eyeing for quite a while!

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream retails for around 9.99 GBP.

1 comment: