Pages

Monday 10 September 2012

Mascara Review: Cargo Lash Activator



Follow me:
YouTube:  www.youtube.com/user/tinaHL82
Twitter & Instagram: tinaHL82
So firstly, this is what Cargo Cosmetics has to say about this mascara:

"We asked ourselves: What would make a mascara better? Imagine a mascara that boosts the appearance of lashes after 30 days! Imagine state-of-the-art ingredients that promote lash vitality! In clinical trials, LashActivator™ was shown to offer the optimal environment for healthy lash growth and reduced lash loss. The result was a 169% rate of improvement of lash growth. The formula is made with a unique multi-faceted complex which contains Marine Algae extracts to increase the appearance of lash density; Citrus-derived Flavonoid, a proven ingredient to promote microcirculation for optimal lash health; and a Peptide-biotin complex to help slow the rate of lash loss. Try it for 30 days and see the difference for yourself!"


The Ingredient List:

Aqua (Water), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Acrylates Copolymer, Tribehenin, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Triethanolamine, Synthetic Beeswax, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Phenoxyethanol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Potassium Sorbate, Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Pelvetia Canaliculata Extract, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Panicum Miliaceum (Millet) Seed Extract, Xanthan Gum, Butylparaben, Apigenin, Isobutylparaben, Ethylparaben, Oleanolic Acid, Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1.
My Thoughts:

I've been using this Mascara close to 3 months now, and my thought is that it's a good mascara...BUT, lets break it down!  Firstly, it's claim for healthier lashes, with reduce lash loss & increase lash growth - I personally did not see much difference in all these areas, maybe it helped, maybe it didn't, but I can't see a difference, and for these areas to be the main selling point of the mascara, it hasn't done so well.  HOWEVER, as for it being a mascara itself, it's pretty good.  I like how my lashes look after 2 coats, nothing too dramatic, but gives my lashes a beautiful natural look - my lashes were definately darker, there was a bit of added volume, a bit of added length, and truthfully, I have reached for it the most these few months!  I think the thing that impressed me the most, is that for a mascara that doesn't state that it's waterproof, it didn't a really good job keeping my lashes curled to some extent throughout the whole day, and trust me when I say it's usually impossible, and the only mascaras that ever work at keeping my lashes curled are asian brands!

Although, I do love how it gives my lashes an amazing 'natural' look, I have to say, chances of me repurchasing this is slim to none.  Only because for this price tag, I would expect it to do every inch of what it says, & for me, the original reason why I wanted to try this out was because of the 'benefical' effects it should of had for my lashes.

Price: 25GBP
http://www.cargocosmetics.com/products/eyes/lashactivator-primer

Checked out my other videos?:

Review - BRTC Aqua Rush Water Drop BB Cream:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUr-5h9dcQg

August 2012 Hit & Misses - ELF, Suisse Programme, Soap & Glory etc....:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uIXqhcCHg0

Review - Collection 2000 Fix Me Up & Primed & Ready Primer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70SCmqSH3zE

Empties #1 - August 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xihmmyc0S-g
Everyday Makeup Routine - June-July 2012:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sWeDZTBu2U
Review: Garnier Anti-Dark Circles 2 in 1 Tinted Eye Roll-on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgXQzx1zSN8

My Makeup:

Face:
KATE by Kanebo Mineral Liquid Foundation OCD
Bobbi Brown Corrector Light Peach
Garnier Skin Naturals Roll-On Anti-Dark Circles 02 Fair
MAC Studio Finish Concealer NC30
Laneige Satin Finish Loose Powder Natural Beige (2)
No. 7 Summer of Dreams Bronzer
ELF Studio Blush Peachy Keen

Eyes:
Naris Up Water Strong W Eyebrow Pencil
Naris Up Chamayu Brows Up
ELF Brightening Eye Colour Brown Stone
Dolly Wink Liquid Liner Black
Cargo Lash Activator

Lips:
ELF Glossy Gloss Ballet Slippers

Nails:
Ciate Paint Pots in Wait Until Dark

No comments:

Post a Comment